There are a million different ingredients in skincare products, but which of them do actually work? In this first more personal diary post, I would like to talk about one of my absolute favorite ingredients, Niacinamide. It´s less known, but with a lot of scientific studies backing it up, so we have proof that this superhero ingredient really does amazing things, when applied to our skin. So what is Niacinamide exactly?
Niacinamide, also known as B3, is a very effective skin- restoring ingredient that has multiple benefits for especially agening skin:
- It increases the antioxidant ability of the skin, allowing it to soak up free radicals, which cause skin damage, cancer and premature agening.
- It improves your skin´s barrier function, helping it to stay hydrated for longer and making it more resistant to outside pollutants.
- It decreases redness.
- It smoothes out the skin.
- It evens out the skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation and prevents acne scarring.
- It reduces sebum production and it has been found to be as effective as an antibiotic cream in reducing acne. So good news for all who suffers from acne, yay!
All of these amazing benefits is simply the reason why I love this specific ingredient so much. Take a look at my favorite beautyhero product from Mario Badescu containing Niacinamide; The Buffering Lotion, right here